The subject of business ethics is complex. Influenced by their personal values, people sometimes have significant differences of opinion regarding what constitutes ethical behaviour and how ethical decisions should be made. This module explores the concepts and principles relating to personal ethics and how these interface in a work environment.
- How personal value systems are formed and adapted
- How personal value systems influence behaviour (values vs. ethics)
- Frameworks for ethical conduct in the workplace: regulations, procedures and compliance
- The nature and functioning of professional values in the workplace
- Professional accountability
- Professional values in an organisational context
- Why value conflicts occur in the workplace
- Handling value conflicts
Corporate sustainability is a business approach that creates long-term shareholder value by embracing opportunities and managing risks deriving from economic, environmental and social developments. It is becoming increasingly important, for shareholders, investors and employees.
- The evolution of corporate sustainability
- The strategic opportunity
- Embracing sustainability
- Barriers to sustainability-driven innovation
- Instituting sustainability-driven innovation
Key learning outcomes from the Ethics and Sustainability Module:
- An understanding of the concepts and principles relating to personal ethics
- An understanding of how these interface in a work environment
- An understanding of what corporate sustainability is
- Knowledge of the barriers and benefits of corporate sustainability
- Practical tools for managing ethical conflicts
- Practical tools for implementing social responsibility initiatives
 Wikipedia Find something interesting? Please SHARE it!