A strategic HRM function clearly understands the needs of the business, as well as the emerging market trends. Through this internal consulting role, HRM can help the business achieve the most from its employees. It can also ensure that HRM initiatives are delivered effectively across the business.
- Organisational design
- The practical implementation of policies and procedures
- Effective practices e.g. performance management
- Dealing with legal and regulatory issues
- Technology e.g. e-learning
- Communication to employees
- Development of training services
- Employee satisfaction surveys
By working through case studies, learners will witness the power of collaboration and the strength that an effective HRM consultant can bring to a business.
Key learning outcomes from the Consulting module:
- An appreciation of what is required for the HRM function to be a strategic business partner
- An understanding of the areas in which HRM can advise the business
- The confidence to be proactive in taking a business partnership role