The following outline highlights some of the key learning points from our Finance for Non-finance Managers skills programme. To get the most out of your training opportunity, we will modify content as needed to meet your business objectives. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the participant materials prior to the session(s).
Managers, supervisors and entrepreneurs make decisions every day in the workplace. These decisions have implications on the financial results and value of their entity. If a person does not understand the impact of their decisions, they are unlikely to make decisions which add value to their entity. In fact, their decisions may be destroying value. The goal of this programme is to enhance delegates’ decision-making by improving their understanding of financial statements, and the impact of their decisions.
- Understand basic financial concepts and the contents of financial statements
- The ability to read and interpret a basic set of financial statements
- Understand the impact of management decisions on the financial statements of the entity and have the confidence to discuss and debate business decisions based on financial benefits
- Increase influence on the business by making more decisions with confidence
Key Focus Areas
- Understanding the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
- The difference between Profit and Cash Flow
- Working capital management
- Break even analysis
- Financial analysis using ratios
- Sources of funds
- The cost of capital
- Investment decisions
- The impact of gearing
- Financing decisions
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Value creation
Who should attend?
The course has been specifically designed for managers who do not have a financial background. This includes:
- All non-financial directors, managers and supervisors
- Departmental heads
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Usually delivered over two days
- Duration of the training day is 08:30 – 16:30
Craig Levey CA (SA): Craig is a Chartered Accountant, registered in South Africa and Zambia. Click here for more information about Craig.
This programme is aligned but not limited to the following Unit Standards:
117256 Interpret Basic Financial Statements
This programme is delivered in partnership with