Do you have employees who have earned qualifications, who have the technical skills to perform their roles but who need “soft skills” to help them manage their professional lives more effectively?
Most schools and universities do not teach learners the nuances that can dictate their successes or failures at work. Technical skills are learned while professional behaviours and attitudes are overlooked. The result is that you may have technically brilliant employees who may never reach their full potential in your business, who cause conflict and poor productivity within themselves and amongst colleagues or who cannot conduct effective business with your customers.
This programme develops those essential personal attributes, attitudes and behaviours that enhance an individual’s interactions, job performance and career prospects. It can be customised to dove-tail with your induction programme, promoting greater employee performance from the very beginning of an individual’s tenure.
The ESSENTIAL WORKPLACE SKILLS programme is offered as a complete 6-module package or you may prefer to choose specific modules only, based on your needs. Each of the following modules is usually delivered over the course of a training day:
- Business Communication
- Business Etiquette
- Ethics in Business
- Personal Finance
- Personal Effectiveness
- Personal Development
This programme is most effective when presented to graduates and new hires, as it establishes the foundation on which to build a successful career within your organisation. It is also applicable to experienced hires that need to develop effectiveness in these areas.
How individuals interact in the working environment and beyond is fundamental to their success and that of the businesses they work in. This module aims to develop an awareness of the power of verbal and non-verbal communication and provides guidance on how best to communicate in a business environment. Content of this module includes:
- Modes of communication
- Personal awareness: preferred communication channels
- Prejudices, preconceptions and presumptions
- Importance of effective communication
- Applying different modes of communication
- Personal brand
By understanding corporate culture and applying behaviours that support company objectives, participants should more effectively work towards achieving the broader goals of your business. This module includes the following content:
- Knowing the business you’re in: what does it do and how does it do it?
- Corporate culture: structure, image and ethics
- Applying business ethics in the workplace
- Behaving appropriately in a business environment
- Assessing one’s own behaviour in a business setting
The subject of business ethics is complex. Influenced by their personal values, people sometimes have significant differences of opinion regarding what constitutes ethical behaviour and how ethical decisions should be made. This module explores the concepts and principles relating to personal ethics and how these interface in a work environment.
- How personal value systems are formed and adapted
- How personal value systems influence behaviour (values vs. ethics)
- Understanding diversity: including race, gender, ethnic group, age, personality, cognitive style, tenure, organizational function, education and background
- Frameworks for ethical conduct in the workplace: regulations, procedures and compliance
- The nature and functioning of professional values in the workplace
- Professional accountability
- Professional values in an organisational context
- Why value conflicts occur in the workplace
- Handling value conflicts
Our personal finance module discusses the need for and tools to prepare a personal budget. The focus is on managing financial resources so that this does not become a negative influence in the workplace. Content includes:
- Understanding your payslip
- Recording and analysing current spending
- Investigating ways of controlling own finances
- Recognising the need to save as part of own financial plan
- Compiling a personal budget
- Understanding the implications of credit contracts
- Understanding the costs of accessing credit
- Investigating the options for the financing of household items and
- Understanding differing options provided by banks and the associated costs
Participants will learn how to operate more effectively in the workplace by being organised and developing positive working relationships. Course content includes:
- Administrative procedures: company and legal frameworks
- Information management: maintaining files and records
- Plan and organise their own work
- Time management
- Team working
- Relationship management
- Conflict management
Our personal development module focuses on how to set short- and long-term goals for participants’ professional and personal development. This module aims to instil in participants a sense of ownership and accountability for their development. The content includes
- Understanding how to set and prioritise tasks
- Creating a personal vision, utilising a vision board and converting this into a personal development plan
- Monitoring and adjusting your personal development plan
- Operating as a member of a team
By the end of this programme, delegates will
- Have bridged the gaps in attitude and behaviour between places of learning and the real workplace
- Understand the factors beyond their technical training that will integrate them into your organisation and help them succeed throughout their careers
- Have practical experience in applying key learning points
- Take ownership for their conduct and performance at work
- Behave in ways that enhance their effectiveness and productivity
Method of delivery
Carefully chosen theory is presented to provide context and learning takes place largely through activities and group discussions. Care is taken to ensure that all learners actively participate in the training sessions.
Participants are given a training manual to help guide their thinking and behaviour in the workplace.
Content and length is tailored according to your business context and the experience level(s) of the delegates.
Our facilitators will run this programme at a venue convenient to you: either on- or off-site.
The training day usually runs from 8:30am – 4:30pm.Find something interesting? Please SHARE it!